Why should I hunt with you?
- Randy Butler's 35 years of hunting experience.
- Hunting is his passion!
- You want to give yourself the best possible opportunity to bag your daily limits!
- Saskatchewan is a hunters paradise because of the shear abundance of it's waterfowl, duck, goose and migrating bird population.  The sky fills with migrating waterfowl every year!
- We're the first farm land the birds come to when they begin their great migration south.  We hunt the northern most farm land in Canada.
- Liberal limits, giving you the opportunity to participate in the best waterfowl hunting North America has to offer.
- DuckHuntingTrips.ca (Safari's North Outfitters) is no fly-by-night outfitter!  Proof is in the pictures => WATERFOWL HUNTING PHOTO GALLERIES
- Our world class hunting brings hunters back year after year.
- Just read what our customers have to say about hunting with Randy - Safari's North Outfitters.  CLICK HERE => Outfitter Reviews
- And when Randy isn't hunting, he's fishing.  He operates a world class deep sea fishing charter boat --> Rebel Sportfishing - Offfshore Fishing Charters Virginia Beach, VA
What type of birds do we target?
You can expect a mixed bag of Canada waterfowl with a variety of ducks and geese.
The most common are:
- Canadian Geese
- Specks (Speckled Bellies)
- Dark Geese
- White-Fronted Geese
- Snow Geese
- Lesser Canada Geese
- Greater Canada Geese
- Ross' Geese
- Blue Geese
What type of hunt should I expect?
Whether you're looking for volume in your shoot or prefer to select geese with specific color phases, we will do our best to tailor the hunt to meet your expectations.  We take great pride in the success of all of our hunters.
We want your hunt to be an experience you'll carry with you forever!
What dates do we hunt?
September 1st to last week of October.
How many hunters are needed to book a trip?
We can accommodate single hunters and groups (up to 8 hunters.)
1 single hunter up to a maximum of 8 hunters
What type of blinds do you hunt from?
We use only the most comfortable blinds on the market today.
Most all of our hunting is done out of our layout blinds (also called coffin blinds) making it easy to maneuver, allowing you to be ready for the next flight of birds.  Occasionally we'll use an A-frame blind if the conditions call for that type of hunting setup.
Is lodging included in the price?
YES!  All of our hunts are ALL INCLUSIVE.  Plus, we provide you with three home cooked meals on the daily.
Do you accomodate older hunters who are unable to do a lot of hiking or physical activity?
Yes, we will accomodate.  We provide all of our hunters (old and young) with only the best waterfowl hunting experience.  Our guides and scouts are top notch and strive to make each and every hunter as comfortable, as possible.  We take great pride in our Customer Service.
What are the limits?
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- 8 Canada Geese (3 day possesion)
- 8 Ducks (3 day possesion)
- 20 Snow Geese (no possesion)
* Bag limits are subject to change.
* Shooting hours are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
Is there internet service?
Yes, the lodge has internet access.
Is there cell phone service?
Yes, there is cell phone service at the lodge and at most of our hunting areas.
When should I arrive for my hunt?
Suggested arrival time to camp is after lunch the day prior to your first scheduled hunt day.  Plan to hunt for four days and leave after lunch on the fourth(last) hunt day.
Most of our hunters fly into either the Edmonton or Saskatoon International Airport on the day prior to their first scheduled hunt day.  This will give you enough time to get get a car rental, get settled in, sight in your rifles and such.  (In case of any lost or late luggage arrivals, it's recommended that you arrive one day early.)
When should I expect to leave after my hunt is over?
Plan to hunt for four days and plan to leave after lunch on your last hunt day.
Do you provide guns or rentals?
No.  You must bring your own rifle and ammunition. Ammunition is not provided.  Hunter must provide own ammunition.
Additionaly, please be sure to have the Hunter Information Form filled out prior to arriving for your hunt.
What should I know about bringing a gun from outside of the country?
You'll need to declare your gun upon arriving to Canada.
Help make your customs experience easier by having your Non-Resident Firearms Declaration form filled out prior to going through customs.
DO NOT SIGN THE FORM UNTIL YOU'RE IN FRONT OF A CUSTOMS AGENT
Having the form pre-filled (WITHOUHT SIGNATURE) will help make your entry into Canada go more smoothly. Non-Resident Firearms Declaration Form => http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/form-formulaire/pdfs/5589-eng.pdf
How should I transport rifles and ammo?
When flying, remove the bolt from your rifles and carry your ammo separate from the firearm.  While transporting from camp to hunting area, your rifle must be carried in a soft case with no ammo in chamber or clip.
Can I sight in my rifle before the hunt?
Yes, we have a shooting range for rifles and bows at our lodge.  We require that all hunters shoot their weapons before going into the field.
Can I take my meat home?
We can cut pack and freeze your meat for transport home, check airlines for weight restrictions and extra charges.
Can I bring my own bird dog?
Yes, if you have a large group and you're able to reserve the entire lodge.
What you'll need to bring?
- Rifle or bow
- Soft case for rifle or bow for transport firearm to and from camp
- Shooting sticks for rifle
- Safety harness for bow hunting
- Video Camera
- Hand warmers & Boot warmers
- Red or orange hat
- Orange or white jacket
- Heavy jacket
- Fleece or wool pants
- Warm sweater
- Long underwear
- Light socks
- Heavy socks
- Insulated gloves
- Felt lined insulated boots
Do we provide airport pickup?
No, we do not.
Where can I stay in Edmonton?
Lodging is included in your hunting package but sometimes you'll want to extend your vaction.  Here are a few links to hotels close to airport:
Where can I stay in Saskatoon?
Again, lodging is included in your hunting package but sometimes you'll want to extend your vaction.  Here are a few links to a few hotels:
How much does a hunt cost?
Please see our Services & Rates page.
Are deposits refundable?
Deposits are non-refundable.
How much should I expect to tip?
What does the hunting fee include?
Lodging, meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner), satellite tv, internet, guide fee, spotters, blinds, fully flocked decoys, motioned decoys and silhouettes, transportation to and from hunting areas.  Bird cleaning and packaging of all your waterfowl is also included.
We provide all bed linens and towels.